1) Jeff A. is graduating from Lord Botetourt High School and will attend Longwood University this fall. He was accepted early decision into the Cornier Honors College at Longwood with a substantial tuition scholarship. He plans to double major in math and computer science, though he is also considering a major in physics with a pre-engineering focus. Jeff has attended the Governor’s School of Math and Science for the past three years. He attended CS for 6 years in elementary and middle school (Seminar class of 2005).
2) Erin C. is graduating from Community High and will attend Goucher College next fall on a tuition exchange scholarship. She was also accepted at four other colleges and universities and was offered two additional tuition exchange scholarships. She has not chosen a major field of study yet, but is considering English, history, or international studies. Erin attended CS from kindergarten through middle school (Seminar class of 2005).
3) Graham E. is graduating from Community High. He is deferring full-time college enrollment for the fall in order to pursue an internship in forestry while taking classes part time at local colleges through a CHS partnership. He plans to enroll in college full time in the spring to pursue a degree in forestry. Graham attended CS from kindergarten through middle school (Seminar class of 2005).
4) Margeau G. is graduating from Community High and will attend Virginia Commonwealth University this fall. Margeau attended CS for her Seminar year (2005).
5) Rose H. is graduating from Salem High and will attend Roanoke College next fall. She plans to major in political science, with a concentration in gender and women’s studies. Upon graduation this summer, she will spend a month traveling in Europe. Rose emails that “it is very hard to believe that it has been five years since I was last a student at Community School. I miss you all very much, and am so grateful for the educational and life experiences that I gained by attending your school.” Rose attended CS for 6 years in elementary and middle school.
6) Hollyn K. is graduating from Community High and will attend Christopher Newport University this fall. She was also accepted at Dickinson College. Hollyn attended CS for 5 years in elementary and middle school (Seminar class of 2005).