Spanish Language & Culture
Our Spanish program emphasizes basic language skills, a love of languages, and an understanding of Hispanic cultures. All students explore the cultural traditions, history, and geography of Hispanic countries and peoples.
- Preschool students learn simple vocabulary and conversation through games and songs.
- Younger elementary students expand their vocabulary and conversations skills and explore Hispanic culture more deeply.
- Older elementary students continue their cultural studies and Spanish conversation and begin to read and write Spanish as well.
- Middle school students expand their writing skills and verbal fluency and can earn high school level credit for Spanish I, II and III.
- Middle school students strengthen their language skills through community service by
teaching Spanish to preschool classes and working with our Bilingual Storytime program.