1) An addition to the update on Rose H. from May 12: Rose will be attending Roanoke College on a choral scholarship this fall.
2) Stephen R. is attending the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and working on a joint research project involving brain tumors in infants. He has co-authored published research from two previous projects. Stephen is considering specializing in pediatric neurology and neurosurgery. Stephen attended CS for eight years from preschool through middle school.
3) Kate T. just graduated from The University of Virginia with a degree in Spanish. She will be attending graduate school at Columbia University this fall to study bi-lingual speech language pathology. Her goal is to be a speech therapist working with bi-lingual individuals. Last year Kate spent the summer studying in Spain. She attended CS for eight years in elementary and middle school (Seminar class of 2001).
4) Hannah T. just graduated from Christopher Newport University with honors and a degree in psychology. She will continue in a graduate program at Christopher Newport this fall to pursue a master’s degree in teaching. She plans to teach at the elementary level. Hannah attended CS for eight years in elementary and middle school (Seminar class of 2001).
5) Zac T. will be attending Cornell College in Iowa this fall. He graduated from Community High in 2008, but deferred college for one year. He was also accepted at Clark University, Knox College, and Washington College. Zac attended CS for eleven years from preschool through middle school (Seminar class of 2000).
6) Adam T. is living and working in Charleston, South Carolina, with another CS alumnus, Clark H. Adam graduated from Virginia Tech a couple years ago with a degree in hospitality management. He is currently considering graduate school options. Adam attended CS for eight years in elementary and middle school (Seminar class of 1998).
7) Callie T. graduated from Vanderbilt University with a degree in cognitive studies and a minor in gender studies and English. This summer she will begin the M.F.A. program in children’s literature at Hollins University. Callie attended CS for six years in elementary and middle school.
8) Levin T. is graduating from high school and will be attending the School of Visual Art in New York City this fall. He will be in the Visual and Critical Studies Program, which combines studio art (his area is photography) with history, philosophy, and theory. Levin attended CS for seven years from preschool to middle school.